Problem: Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. please ensure that your product is properly installed before running this setup program.
This message comes up when in the install shield wizard prepares the setup stage, when trying to install the sound blaster X-Fi, for the X-Fi elite pro. i am running windows xp with service pack 2. Does anyone know how this can be fixed or a way around it.
Solution: I seem to have had some success using the PAX software. The PAX is a modded X-Fi driver for Windows XP or Vista. This is particularly effective for those who hit the problem "Setup Is Unable To Detect A Supported Product On Your System" using Creative's X-Fi driver for Vista Installation CD.
Here is what I did
1) Download the PAX software in the link below
2) It's actually an iso (CD image) file, not a zip file. Rename it to .iso
3) Click it and see if your cd writer software knows how to make a cd out of it. Actually you can run it without copying into a CD if you do an unzip. However, the instruction warns that it might not work properly if you run directly.
4) Copy the CD. Reinsert it. Autorun starts. If not, run the PAXSetup.exe
5) Look for the English radio button for English language (if needed)
6) You'll get a warning at some point that you need to "discircle" or unselect, I think thats what he meant, the "Windows Drivers" for Vista. I never saw anything about Windows Driver. I did see "Audio Drivers" but I just left it checked.
7) Creative installer will appear on top of PAX installer. Go through the Creative install then return to PAX at end.
Reboot. There you have it. It Works. Now PC have THX console, 5.1 speaker support, etc.
Re: Xfi elite pro, CD installation "hardware not found"
- Proven that its workable by a X-Fi Elite Pro user
Please register for a free login to download PAX software @
myCreative Fansite Forum (Member Area)