It is during CES 2011 (from 06/01/11 to 09/01/11) that Creative traditionally announces their new products to the world. In CES 2011, Creative announces the new InPerson which comes with HD for making HD video calls from any HDTV, HD display or projector with HDMI.
SINGAPORE - 6 January 2011 - Creative Technology Ltd. today announced the Creative inPerson™ HD system for making HD video calls using any existing HDTV, HD display or projector. The Creative inPerson™ HD system consists of Creative's intelligent compact set-top box for visual communications processing and bringing Internet to the HDTV, and Creative's newest Live! Cam, the Creative inPerson™ HD video camera with auto focus and high definition audio speakerphone capability. The Creative inPerson™ HD system is designed to provide HD video and audio calling from the office, classroom or home, by upgrading any HDTV, HD display or projector featuring an HDMI input.
To use the Creative inPerson HD system, the user simply places the Creative inPerson HD video camera on top of an HDTV or HD display, connects it to the set-top box via USB, connects the set-top box to an HDTV or HD display via an HDMI cable, and then quickly and easily connects the set-top box to the Internet via a wireless or LAN connection. The system comes with a compact remote control that allows the user to log into the preloaded Creative inPerson application. The Creative inPerson HD's auto focus camera adjusts to the user's distance from the HDTV screen or HD display, and the microphones are optimised for the user to sit from two feet up to ten feet from the Creative inPerson HD video camera mounted on the display. This allows the Creative inPerson HD system to be used for one-on-one HD video calls or to call with multiple people in a room as a complete video conferencing system.
"With over 100 million video-enabled devices including smart phones and tablets forecasted to ship worldwide in 2011, we believe the use of video calling will increase exponentially. After experiencing video calling on lower-resolution handheld devices, users will want to integrate higher quality video calling into their business and professional lives. We designed Creative inPerson HD to support this coming shift to video calling by delivering a system that can upgrade virtually any large screen HDTV or HD display into a HD video calling system," said Craig McHugh, President and COO of Creative Labs, Inc. "Creative inPerson HD will cost significantly less than the recently introduced umi system from Cisco, and will be available with a significantly less expensive monthly subscription to make video calls. The Creative inPerson HD features Creative's high definition audio for voice and HD video for excellent quality and high frame rate. The simplicity of making a HD video call with the Creative inPerson HD makes it the ideal video calling system for any business meeting room, office, cubicle, classroom or home, especially as it's so affordable since it supports existing HDTVs, HD displays, or projectors."
Key Features of the Creative inPerson HD System
* Works with any HD monitor, HDTV or projector with HDMI - stays connected and on so it is always ready to make a video call
* Set-top box features HDMI output to a display, a built-in speaker and support for an external microphone and speakers
* Wide-angle HD video camera delivers up to 720p resolution with H.264 hardware video encoding and 30fps HD quality, includes a four-microphone beam array and auto focus
* Powered by the ZMS-08 processor designed by Creative subsidiary ZiiLABS
* Runs on the Android 2.2 operating system
* Internet browser is enabled with optional Bluetooth keyboard or mouse
* Uses a Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n or WiMAX 802.16e connection and includes Bluetooth support for optional audio communications or a keyboard and mouse
* HD and VGA capability map inPerson HD to the user's Internet speed and capability
More information about the Creative inPerson HD will be posted in coming weeks on www.creative.com.
Please feel free to let us know in the comments section below.