I suggest you refer to our video guide and try our method when you upgrade your ZiiO 7 or 10 as it is proven :) Try to follow our steps as stated below:
1. Select 'setting' on the first screen of your ZiiO 10 and goto 'About'. There you will see your build number and firmware version. Download the correct firmware from Creative website based on your current firmware, there's a few over there. It will take you about 10 min (depends on your network connection) for ZiiO 10 firmware (.apk file) which is about 118 mb using your PC.
2. Transfer the firmware from your PC to your ZiiO 10. I put it in 'download' folder. If you don't have this folder, you can just create one. Do remember where you put your firmware.
3. Make sure your ZiiO 10 is at least 25% charged else you will be prompted to charge it first. It will take about 10 min for the whole installation to complete.
4. After the transfer, its time to install the firmware. Using your ZiiO 10, go into the 'download' folder. Find the firmware (.apk file) using ZiiExplorer which is on your ZiiO 10 screen. Select the .apk file
5. Then select 'install' when prompted
6. The screen will go blank for a while but its ok. Just be patient and wait for the installation to complete. Do not reset your ZiiO 10 at this time.
7. Once installation is completed, shutdown and restart your ZiiO. Then select 'setting' on the first screen of your ZiiO 10 and goto 'About'. There you will see that the build number and firmware version is updated.
8. All your customized widgets on the first screen will be erased. You just need to create them again, no problem as your games or apps are still intact.
9. Installation completed :)
Please feel free to let us know in the comments section below.