This is the latest ZiiO 10 firmware which allows you to include Skype chat and output the display of ZiiO 10 screen to TV via HDMI cable. Previously you can only output to TV via HDMI for those videos playing on ZiiVideo. This is an improvement which can also allow video streaming videos to play on our large screen TV :)
ZiiO 10 Firmware 2.00.12
Filesize : 128.18 MB
Release date : 1 Nov 11
File Name : ZiiO10_2_00_12_fwupd.apk
* Adds support to enable you to display ZiiO 10" tablet's screen on a TV or Display Monitor via HDMI.
* Adds feature to let you save contact information of friends and associates.
* Includes function for Skype voice chat.
* Supports Creative's Over-The-Air firmware update application that automatically pushes updates to your ZiiO via Wi-Fi.
* Ability for user to format the on board memory (Internal SD memory) in both Recovery Mode and also in the "Media & Storage" to ensure that it is FAT32 mode.
* Updates the Amazon Kindle and Audible application.
* Improved SD card compability.
* ZiiO 10" tablet with firmware version 2.00.07. For users with an earlier version of the firmware 1.00.03, please use the “ZiiO10_1_00_03to2_00_07_fwupd.apk” to upgrade to 2.00.07 first. Or, for users with firmware 1.00.08, please use the “ZiiO10_1_00_08to2_00_07_fwupd.apk” to upgrade to 2.00.07 first.
* When connecting to your computer, the OS should be Microsoft® Windows 7, Windows Vista®, or Windows XP Service Pack 3 32-bit edition.
* After installing this firmware, you will not be able to downgrade back to the previous firmware.
* If you are currently using a live wallpaper, it will be reset after installing this firmware. Items (shortcuts) and widgets on the Home panel will also be reset. You will need to reselect the wallpaper and add the items and widgets back to the Home panel.
* You can check the firmware version by tapping Settings > About. The firmware version is displayed under Build Number.
* Before you install this firmware:
1. Back up the tablet contents.
2. Delete current widgets on the Home panel so that the upgraded widgets can take effect.
3. Ensure that your ZiiO's battery level is at 25% or higher.
4. Use Task Manager to close all applications.
* You can install this firmware by downloading it directly to your ZiiO, or by downloading it to your computer first.
To install this firmware by downloading it directly from the Web to your ZiiO, do the following:
1. Download the firmware file to your ZiiO. The file will be stored in your ZiiO's internal memory.
2. After the download is completed, tap the firmware file in the popup box.
3. Tap Install in the popup box.
4. After the installation is completed, tap Open.
5. Follow the instructions in the dialog box that appears.
To install this firmware by downloading it to your computer first, do the following:
1. Download the firmware file to your computer.
2. Connect ZiiO to your computer using the USB cable. If the USB connected dialog box appears on the tablet, tap Turn on USB storage. Otherwise, go to the Notification panel and tap USB connected > Turn on USB storage.
3. Copy the firmware file to your ZiiO (either in the internal memory or an inserted memory card).
4. On your computer, safely remove your ZiiO device in Windows. Next, on the ZiiO “USB storage in use” screen, tap Turn off USB storage. If the “USB storage in use” screen is not shown, go to the Notification panel and tap USB Connected > Turn off USB storage. Then, disconnect ZiiO from the USB port.
5. With the use of ZiiExplorer, navigate to the location where you copied the file to, and tap it.
6. Tap Install in the popup box.
7. After the installation is completed, tap Open.
8. Follow the instructions in the dialog box that appears.
Important: Do not power down your ZiiO during the firmware upgrading process unless you are instructed to do so.
Note: After the upgrading process, your ZiiO will restart. The screen will go black for a while during this time. When the unlock screen appears, this means that the firmware upgrading process is complete. Please be patient.
We want to hear from you, please feel free to let us know in the comments section below.